Covid-19: Adapting the Finnebrogue way
During this difficult time, the entire Finnebrogue family has been working hard to feed the nation.
Our priority from the outset has been to keep our staff safe. They are playing a vital role in keeping supermarket shelves stocked – and protecting them while they perform their essential duty for the nation has been our number one concern.
Our Covid-19 action plan amounts to a £100,000 per week investment and builds on our already existing health and safety protocols. It has enabled us to meet record supermarket demand and allow our staff to come to work in a safe environment.
We thank our staff for their outstanding commitment and we wanted to update you, our loyal customers, on the steps we have taken.
– All of our employees undergo a health screening, including a temperature check, before they start work.
– All Finnebrogue staff receive a fresh face mask for each shift. Perspex face shields are also available.
– Social distancing is being enforced with two-metre markers across all three of our sites. We have employed marshals to monitor the production lines and factory floor to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
– We are paying a social distancing bonus to our staff. All employees receive an additional £1 per hour if they follow the guidelines.
– Perspex dividers have been installed on our production lines where social distancing is not possible.
– We are sanitising all surfaces on a more regular basis and have installed additional hand sanitising points.
– In order to reduce contact with surfaces, we keep all doors open where it is possible and safe to do so.
If you have any questions regarding our ways of working or products, please get in touch with the Finnebrogue team via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can listen to our technical director, Declan Ferguson, speak to the BBC’s Nick Robinson about the steps we have taken on Radio 4’s Today Programme here: