Loaded Dirty Fries with Facon
Suitable for vegan.
SERVES 2 | PREP 15 mins | COOK 35 mins
- 1 pack Naked Without the Oink Bacon
- 3 large chipping potatoes
- ½ onion, sliced or diced
- 2 large handfuls cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp pickled cabbage
- 3 tbsp sweetcorn
- Drizzle each of mayo, fiery ketchup, chilli and garlic sauce and chipotle sauce Coriander, chopped
- To make loaded dirty fries with facon, start by cutting the potatoes into chips, par boil for 5 mins in salted water, drain, shake them up in the pan before placing gently on a baking to dry/cool. Spray oil on the chips and season with salt and pepper before baking in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked and lightly browned. Separately in a bowl, mix together onion and cheddar cheese. Remove chips from oven, and sprinkle the cheese mixture on top. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has lightly melted (5-7mins). Separately, fry the plant-based bacon rashers for 2-3 mins, turning frequently, until crispy. Separate the chips onto two serving plates, then top with the crispy Naked Without the Oink Bacon, sweetcorn and pickled cabbage. Finally, drizzle all over with mayo, fiery ketchup, chilli and garlic sauce, chipotle sauce and garnish with coriander. Loaded dirty fries with facon is a perfect Friday fakeaway. RECIPE CREATED BY NAKED FAN, @anishas_kitchen (Instagram)
- For a meaty option Substitute Naked Without the Oink Bacon with Naked Bacon, back, streaky or Lardons, which are produced without nitrites.