French Toast with Bacon
Easily adapted to vegetarian
SERVES 3 | PREP 10 mins | COOK 15 mins
- 1 pack of Naked Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 6 slices of Farmhouse white bread
- Eggs, allow 2 per person
- Splash of milk
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 Spring onions
- Salt + Pepper
- Tomatoes on vine
- For days when all you want is comforting, filling, protein-rich food, try our French toast with Naked Bacon. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Firstly, grill the Naked Bacon slices until they're lightly brown. Next crack 6 eggs into a wide bowl, add a splash of milk, salt and pepper - and lightly whisk. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, covering both sides. Heat oil in a frying pan and when hot, fry the eggy bread until it browns on both sides. Lay all the fried bread out on a baking tray. Next cut the bacon into large pieces and scatter over each slice of eggy bread, then sprinkle with grated cheese and spring onions. Pre-heat the oven to 180C and bake the covered slices until the cheese has melted and starts to brown. Serve with some wilted spinach, vine tomatoes and a large mug of tea!
- To make meatfree: Use Naked Without the Oink Rashers.