Bacon and Cheese Potato Skins
Easily adapted to vegan
SERVES 4 | PREP 15 mins | COOK 90 mins
- Pack Naked Smoked Lardons (or any Naked Bacon)
- 4 potatoes
- Olive oil
- 300g cheddar cheese
- 2 drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 springs onions and tub of sour cream
- To make these delicious bacon and cheese potato skins, first, preheat oven to 200C. Scrub potatoes and pat dry before rubbing skins with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake in oven until tender (1hr) then remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting each potato lengthwise into halves. Scoop out centre, leaving a thick layer of cooked potato on skins. Place the skins on an oiled baking sheet, skin side down, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Separately, cook Naked Bacon - we've fried off Naked Smoked Lardons until brown/crisp then mixed with the scooped potato, grated cheddar cheese and a pinch of cayenne (or 2-4 drops of Worcestershire sauce). You could alternatively use grilled Naked Back or Streaky Rashers chopped into pieces. Sprinkle mixture into the skins and bake in the pre-heated oven until skins are crisp and cheese mixture has melted (25mins). Garnish the bacon and cheese potato skins with a dollop of sour cream and some sliced spring onions. Enjoy!
- For a meatfree option: Substitute Naked Lardons for Naked Without the Oink Bacon. Pan fry for 3-4 mins, turning occasionally. Chop into pieces and add to the potato mix.