As Butcher you will be responsible for ensuring Finnebrogue supplies all butchery orders on time, in full to the required quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, make decisions, organise packers where and when needed, work with your manager with regards to staffing issues.
- Working closely with management in forecasting, process improvement, identifying cost saving methods and all aspects of quality, health & safety and Food hygiene.
- Ensure all products conform to food safety legislation and meet customers’ requirements.
- Order Fulfilment
- Quality Standards
- Technical Paperwork
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, using butcher’s cutlery and powered equipment, such as electric grinder and bandsaw, to portion and prepare meat in cooking form: Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts, using knives, meat saw, cleaver, and bandsaw, to reduce to cooking cuts, such as roasts, steaks, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
- De-boning and packing
- Production reporting
- Yield & Giveaway management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a butchery or meat carving role
- Have a strong knowledge of food safety and health and safety requirements
- A hardworking and flexible approach
- Formal butchery qualification
- Health and Safety / First Aid related qualification
- Understanding of major retailer requirements
- Experience of management and control of short shelf life foods
- Experience gained in the use of word processing & spreadsheets