Quality Assurance Operatives | Day and nightshift roles available
At Finnebrogue we are experiencing unrivalled growth, and would like to invite applications for Quality Assurance Operatives to join our team.
Working as part of a team to produce high quality meat products that comply with all food safety and legality requirements, for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions in the required areas to ensure delivery on time of quality meat products, meeting predetermined key performance targets ensuring food safety and legality.
- Efficiently and effectively prepare, produce & pack a variety of fresh products to an agreed specification and within nominated time and waste targets
- Ensure that products are packed labeled and boxes according to product specifications.
- Ensure correct operation of Metal Detectors, check weightier and Olympus system.
- Ensuring line hygiene is satisfactory, line wash downs are completed and if necessary rewashing and sign off on any corrective actions.
- Ensure Glass and Hard Plastic Audits are completed.
- Ensure all broken equipment/ food contact surface repairs that are needed are reported to Production Supervisor/ Maintenance and your Quality Supervisor
- Ensure all product temperature checks, labelling checks, weight checks and additional checks are completed as required.
- Ensuring all Hygiene and GMP requirements are met by all staff members.
- Contribute to an innovative and productive working environment that allows each individual to contribute effectively, develop personally and grow professionally
- Continually monitor and review product quality in real time in compliance with quality contracts and specs.
- Collecting laboratory & taste panel samples as required by testing schedule
- Ensure the workplace is kept tidy and operate in a clean as you go environment
- Place product on hold or quarantine where it does not meet the requirements specified.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for food safety and health and safety within areas of work.
- Ensuring line is kept clear of all non-essential packaging and labelling materials.
- Ensure Quality Manger is made aware of any food safety and quality related incidents where this has not be properly addressed by a QA Supervisor.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly, in real time and without mistakes.
- Ensure any failure of a CCP in reported immediately to a QA Supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous experience is desired but not necessary as full training will be provided.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail
- Strong individual whom is willing to challenge team members on.
- Written and spoken English is required due to the nature of the Role
We offer a competitive pay rate of £8.93 per hour, a good working environment and a benefits package including a subsidised canteen, retail discount cards, pension scheme, private health care, cycle to wok scheme, discounted gym membership and staff sales. We also offer real development and promotion opportunities and are committed to helping you become the best you can be.
If you would like to be part of a growing and thriving business, where you can be the best you can ever be, please apply by downloading an application form via the below link and return to the HR department via email to email@example.com; or by post to Unit 6, Down Business Park, 46 Belfast Rd, Downpatrick, BT30 9UP.
We are an equal opportunities employer