Purchase Ledger Clerk (P/T 28 hours per week)
Do you want to work for one of the most revolutionary food manufacturers in the UK? From our state of the art facilities in Downpatrick, we produce a range of high quality sausage, burger and bacon products. We make food the best it can possibly be, without being bound by the way it has always been done.
As our growth continues, we are inviting applications for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our Finance team.
To assist with the Finance department’s objectives in maintaining ledgers, ensuring payments are made by the Company in an accurate and timely fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Post Purchase invoices to accounting system (NAV), checking quantities and prices are correct against PO, or having obtained management signature
- Reconciling invoices to supplier statements
- Liaise with internal departments and supplier’s when queries arise
- Setting up new suppliers on accounting system
- Adhering to Finance Department monthly deadlines
- Report on variances from Standard cost for raw materials purchased
- Filing, scanning, running reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Any other duties within reason and capability associated with this role as determined by the Line Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Purchase Ledger Clerk in a busy finance department with demonstrated ability for accuracy and speed.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software packages, word processing and Microsoft Excel.
- Evidence of analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work alone under own initiative
We offer a competitive salary, a good working environment and a benefits package including a subsidised canteen, retail discount cards, pension scheme, private health care, cycle to wok scheme, discounted gym membership and staff sales. We also offer real development and promotion opportunities and are committed to helping you become the best you can be.
If you are interested, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the company, please visit www.finnebrogue.com
We are an equal opportunities employer