Production Supervisors | day and night shift (OTE £24,000)
Do you want to work for one of the most revolutionary food manufacturers in the UK. From our state of the art facilities in Downpatrick, we produce a range of high quality sausage, burger and bacon products. We make food the best it can possibly be, without being bound by the way it has always been done.
As our growth continues, we are inviting applications for machine operatives to join the team.
These are important roles and we have both day and night shift positions available on the following work pattern:
- AM – Monday – Sunday, 7:00am – 5:45pm (5 shifts over 7)
- PM – Sunday – Thursday 6:00pm – 4:00am
The purpose of the role is to ensure that manufacturing processes run smoothly, meeting business targets within company budgets so that Operations deliver products on time, in full, to the required quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of allocated production area.
- Monitoring production in the area adhering to all Quality, H&S & GMP guidelines set out by the company.
- Drive efficiencies & hit performance targets.
- Ensuring that all products are produced on time, in full, are of exceptional quality & cost effective.
- Ensuring all KPI’s are displayed on Line Progress boards.
- Completing all production paperwork in full & in real time without mistakes.
- Motivating & coach your own team to achieve business results.
- Supporting the Floor Manager in projects or duties within reason & capability associated within this Supervisory role.
- Reviewing performance & identifying training needs for your team.
- Working with the other departments within Finnebrogue to achieve goals & targets set by management.
- Ensure that products are packed labeled and boxes according to product specifications.
- Ensure correct operation of Metal Detectors, check weightier and Olympus system.
- Continually monitor and review product quality in real time in compliance with quality contracts and specs.
- Collecting laboratory & taste panel samples as required by testing schedule
- Ensure the workplace is kept tidy and operate in a clean as you go environment
- Place product on hold or quarantine where it does not meet the requirements specified.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for food safety and health and safety within areas of work.
- Ensuring line is kept clear of all non-essential packaging and labelling materials.
- Ensure Quality Manger is made aware of any food safety and quality related incidents where this has not be properly addressed by a QA Supervisor.
- Enable with training and progress of new operatives within your department.
- Ensure any failure of a CCP in reported immediately to a QA Supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Supervisory experience gained within a FMCG environment
- Experience of implementing efficiency improvements
- Evidence of strong organisational, planning and time management abilities
- Experience of ensuring quality and safety policies are adhered to
- Excellent understanding of the technical and quality aspects of food production
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Qualification (or equivalent)
- Health and Safety / First Aid related qualification
- Experience within the meat production industry
- Experience within the chilled sector
- Experience of management and control of short shelf life foods
- Experience gained in the use of word processing & spreadsheets
We offer a competitive pay rate of £9.31 per hour plus a weekly performance related bonus, a good working environment and a benefits package including a subsidised canteen, retail discount cards, pension scheme, private health care, cycle to wok scheme, discounted gym membership and staff sales. We also offer real development and promotion opportunities and are committed to helping you become the best you can be.
To apply, please download a copy of the application form using the link below and return to email@example.com or to the HR Department, Unit 6, Down Business Park, 46 Belfast Road, Downpatrick, BT30 9UP.
We are an equal opportunities employer