Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Do you want to work for one of the most revolutionary food manufacturers in the UK? From our state of the art facilities in Downpatrick, we produce a range of high quality sausage, burger and bacon products. We make food the best it can possibly be, without being bound by the way it has always been done.
As our growth continues, we are inviting applications for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to join the team.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to deliver day to day maintenance plans to ensure that manufacturing processes runs smoothly, meeting business targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
- Repairs to machinery in the event of a breakdown
- Installation of new plant and machinery
- Preventative maintenance on plant and machinery
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.Working with the wider Finnebrogue team to implement the company’s policies and goals; and ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager & Continuous Improvement Manager in other projects or duties within reason and capability associated within this role.
- Assist the Engineering Manager with ad-hoc tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Relevant mechanical/electrical engineering qualification – NVQ/OND
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience working on mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Qualification (or equivalent)
- Health and Safety / First Aid related qualification
- Experience within the meat & Chilled production industry
- Computer Qualification gained using Microsoft package
- Understanding of major retailer requirements
We offer a competitive pay salary, a good working environment and a benefits package including a subsidised canteen, retail discount cards, pension scheme, private health care, cycle to wok scheme, discounted gym membership and staff sales. We also offer real development and promotion opportunities and are committed to helping you become the best you can be.
If you are interested, please send an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration!
We are an equal opportunities employer