Do you want to work for one of the most revolutionary food manufacturers in the UK? From our state of the art facilities in Downpatrick, we produce a range of high quality sausage, burger and bacon products. We make food the best it can possibly be, without being bound by the way it has always been done.
As our growth continues, we are inviting applications for a Hygiene Manager to join our team.
The purpose of the role is to lead the Hygiene function within Finnebrogue.
The responsibilities will include, the application of all Safe working practices, driving the hygiene throughout all operational areas of the business, ensuring the safety of our product.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To lead, manage and develop the team on a short term and long term basis.
- Manage hygiene department budget for all resources.
- Ensure and manage daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly hygiene schedules.
- Day to day hygiene management combined with scheduled deep clean of all machinery and areas
- Ensure CIC’s are constantly evaluated, updated, and trained out to all employees
- Recruiting staff with the relevant skill sets to ensure effective service delivery.
- Management and development of team including training, 1to1’s and appraisals.
- Site Audits to ensure service is delivered to the required standards.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times, delivering training, mentoring and tool box talks
- Implementing the companies health and safety policy and carry out risk assessments and develop method statements and monitor procedures see continuous improvement
- Responsible for safe use of chemicals, with an emphasis on training, storage and usage.
- Staff hours, absence, disciplinaries and PPE requirements.
- Headcount & succession planning
The Successful Candidate will demonstrate:
- Previous experience as a Hygiene Manager
- Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment
- People Management Experience, with a track record of people development.
- Management of CIC’s
- Excellent project and programme management skills
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of an ‘end to end’ supply chain
- Proven ‘Safety First’ approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive salary, a good working environment and a benefits package including a subsidised canteen, retail discount cards, pension scheme, private health care, cycle to wok scheme, discounted gym membership and staff sales. We also offer real development and promotion opportunities and are committed to helping you become the best you can be.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer