Goods In & Despatch Manager (Night Shift)
Do you want to work for one of the most revolutionary food manufacturers in the UK? From our state of the art facilities in Downpatrick, we produce a range of high quality sausage, burger and bacon products. We make food the best it can possibly be, without being bound by the way it has always been done.
As our growth continues, we are inviting applications for a Goods In & Despatch Manager (Night Shift) to join our supply chain team.
|1. JOB INFORMATION
||Goods In and Despatch Manager Nights
||Supply Chain Manager
||5 nights out of 7 to include weekends
||Finnebrogue, Unit 6 Down Business Park, Downpatrick, Co Down, BT30 9UP
|| To apply please email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. JOB PURPOSE
|At Finnebrogue we are experiencing unrivalled growth. We are searching for candidates who wish to be part of a growing and thriving business, where you can be the best you can ever be. We have opened an additional facility, and are therefore searching for an Intake and Dispatch Manager to manage the Goods In & Dispatch teams on our existing sausage site. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Warehousing professional to join a company which will reward the successful candidate with long term career opportunities and an excellent benefits package.
- 3. RESPONSIBILITIES
|3.1 Financial: N /A
|3.2 Direct Reports: Goods in Supervisors and Despatch Supervisors
- 4. DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Goods In team in providing an on time and in full service to all departments within the business
- Ensure accurate management of the booking in process for Raw Materials, monitoring product quality, integrity and ensuring all delivered goods are within product specification
- Completion of all associated Intake paperwork and update of computer system
- Issue of stock to production, ensuring system is updated and stock figures remain accurate
- Manage stock rotation and maintain Raw Material Stock accuracy
- Must comply with all aspects of H&S policy throughout the site –reporting any concerns or potential hazards to their line leader immediately.
- Contribute to an innovative and productive working environment that allows each individual to contribute effectively, develop personally and grow professionally
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for food safety and health and safety within areas of work
- To seek out and recommend continuous improvement methods to improve and enhance the service provided (5S and Continuous Improvement Projects)
- Control of all aspects of H&S, stock control, transport and customer service for the Despatch department.
- Ensure all Despatch team members and any staff who enter Despatch adhere to the H&S guide lines of the department – reporting any concerns or incidents to the H&S manager whilst taking immediate action to secure the area or process until a safe solution is found.
- Planning logistics to achieve agreed service level targets for all customers
- Ordering and call off of pallets, trays & dollies to service production
- Undertake other projects as required, including systems development.
- Provide accurate Despatch costs on manpower and logistics for management costing as required
- Writing and reviewing operating procedures targeting best in class process
- Complete and review teams KPI’s, holding the Supervisors responsible for set targets.
- Liaise with the customer logistic networks to challenge shortages
- Update the senior team each day as to expected and unexpected shortages – giving
- Ensure factory is supported at all times by the Despatch department – reviewing manpower and logistics on a daily basis to confirm they are fit for purpose
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment, dealing with major retail customers
- Experience of dispatching products to major retail multiples, understanding both service level agreements and requirements
- Experience on managing an ERP system
- Working with multiple site and Warehouse facilities
- People Management skills
- Understanding and experience of logistics, in a FMCG environment
- Good Communicator
- Problem solver & decision maker
- Highly effective leadership and motivational skills with relevant experience of managing and developing multi-disciplined teams whilst delivering projects on time and on budget
- Proven track record of influencing the site strategy and delivering change to raise standards and evolve the continuous improvement culture