Job Title: Communications Manager
Working for: Finnebrogue Artisan
Location: London & Northern Ireland
Salary: Up to £45,000, dependent on experience
Finnebrogue is one of the most innovative, disruptive and fast-growing food companies in the UK.
We make some of the highest quality food anywhere in the world. We seek to figure out ways we can do it without destroying the planet we all rely on – and without being bound by the way it’s always been done.
Finnebrogue is a place where you can develop and thrive – and where the more you put in, the more you will get out.
Whether it be world famous oisin venison, award winning organic sausages, meat-free alternatives from our new vegetarian factory or our revolutionary range of nitrite-free bacon and hams that have received international acclaim and made front page news, our dedication to excellence has helped us make delicious artisan food from our base in Downpatrick for nearly two decades.
We continue our unprecedented growth – which has seen our turnover rise to nearly £100m from just £5m in 2009 – and supply every major retailer in the UK.
Our new Communications Manager will play a leading role in the firm’s strategic communications operation. You will work to make a lasting national and international impact at a political, consumer and commercial level, helping to transform the negative health and environmental effects of the food we eat and from the way much of it is currently produced.
You will be tasked with conducting media relations and political lobbying in the UK, EU and internationally – and have the opportunity to make real and positive change.
Reporting to the Communications Director, you will deliver a communications strategy that promotes the company and its objectives – from removing nitrites from all processed meats in the UK to devising new innovative methods of making more sustainable food.
The role will suit an energetic and intelligent individual who is seeking an exciting new challenge – with the potential to make a significant impact in the media, political and commercial environment.
You will have the opportunity to develop valuable commercial experience and build a network of contacts at the highest levels of UK politics and journalism.
The role will involve:
– Engagement with politicians, advisers and key influencers, including HM Government, government agencies and the European Union
– Engagement with international and intergovernmental organisations, including World Bank, OECD and UN
– Providing strategic advice to senior management team
– Building links with the regional assemblies and administrations (NI, Scotland, Wales and London)
– Day-to-day engagement with national, trade and regional media
– Management of commercial digital communications channels – working with communications and marketing team
– Management of commercial email campaigns with communications and marketing team
– Supporting other commercial activity where appropriate
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- An understanding of the UK media and UK political landscape
- Excellent organisation, writing, IT and communication skills
- A strong academic record
We welcome applications from individuals with experience of working in one or more of the following areas:
- UK mainstream political parties
- Journalism or media
- Think tank
- Campaign group
- PR/public affairs agency
Closing Date: 15 March 2019
To apply, please email HR at email@example.com with a one-page covering letter and CV.
For questions about the role, please email Finnebrogue’s communications director, Jago Pearson, at firstname.lastname@example.org